What is a blended rate?
- Blended Rates are rates that show when there are multiple product groups in an order.
- You can view the available Blended Rates in the Blended Rates tab.
Default Blended Rate
The app starts automatically with a default blended rate in each shipping zone, with the title Standard Shipping.
This blended rate is configured by default to add the lowest priced shipping rate from each product group together for one combined rate at checkout.
- Go to the Blended Rates tab, click Configure next to the Standard Shipping Blended rate.
- To change the title from Standard Shipping, to something else, click Edit Rate Title at the top of the page.
- In the section Preferred Rates, you will see a list of all your product groups.
- Next to each product group is dropdown menu with a list of rates from that group.
- By default all groups are set to the use the lowest returned rate.
- You can instead select a specific rate from the group be used in the Blended Rate calculation.
Additional Blended Rates
If you don’t add any additional blended rates to the app. Then, when there are multiple product groups in an order, you will only see one rate appear.
If you want to have more rates appear when there is an order with multiple product groups, you need to add additional blended rates.
- Go to the Blended Rates tab
- Within the zone you want there to be an additional rate click + Add Blended Rate
- Give the blended rate a title and/or subtitle and click Save Blended Rate
- You will be taken to the blended rate edit page
- Use the dropdown menus to specify a preferred method from each product group to be used to calculate this blended rate.
Additional blended rate will only show if all product groups in an order have a preferred method assigned for that blended rate.
- If you assign a preferred method for Group A and B, but no preferred method for Group C.
- If Group A and B are in an order, the blended rate will show.
- If Group A and C are in an order, the blended rate will not show.
Rules for Blended Rates
- When you edit a blended rate there is a bottom section labeled Rules.
- Click Add Rule to add a rule, you’ll be taken a screen to select a rule type.
- Rules allow you to modify how a blended rate is calculated.
- You can add multiple rules to a blended rate
Many of the rules involve making some product groups ship free. This means that when making the blended rate calculation, the rates from the specified product group will not add to the blended rate total. Your customers will still see the added up rates of the other product groups.
Free Shipping Based On Order Total
When the combined total of products in an order is over $X.XX, make certain Product Groups ship free.
Free Shipping Based On Partial Order Total
When the combined total of products in Product Groups A, B, and C is over $X.XX, make all of those items ship free.
Free Shipping When Product Group is Present
When a customer's cart contains products from Product Group "X", make Product Groups A, B, and C ship for free.
Discount Shipping Based On Product Groups Present
When the total number of Product Groups in an order is X, or when specific Product Groups are present, discount the final rate by a percentage or flat amount.
Only show this blended rate when Product Group(s) are present
Use this when you only want a blended rate to show when there is a specific product group present in an order.