Add Carrier Rate
Carrier Rates are available from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Canada Post. When adding a rate to a group, choose the last option By Carrier, then use the dropdowns to select the rate to add.
You need to add carrier rates one-by-one. In Shopify you may be used to selecting a bunch of checkboxes to activate a bunch of rates from a carrier at a time. But, because the app offers granular control over each rate, you add each rate individually.
The right method for the right zone.
When you choose your carrier method to add to a zone, make sure you choose a rate that is available for the zone it is being added to.
- UPS Ground, FedEx Home Delivery/Ground, and USPS Priority Mail, are only available to US zones.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited, FedEx International Economy, or USPS Priority Mail International are only available to non-US zones.
- If a rate meant for US is added to a international zone, it will not show
- If a rate meant for International is added to a US zone, it will not show.
- When you are choosing carrier methods from the dropdown menu, they are grouped and labeled by what zones they serve. So make sure you choose the right one.
Custom Rate Title
Click the Custom Rate Title checkbox to modify the shipping title your customers will see. You can use this setting to edit the title and also set a subtitle for the method.
Ship From Postal Code
Specify the country and ship from postal code or zip code from where the product group ships from. This postal code will be used as the origin postal code when querying the carrier’s API for shipping rates.
Free Shipping Override
Set product price total amount at which the carrier method should be free, or $0.
Shipping Cost Adjustment
Add a percentage or flat rate mark-up to the shipping rate.
- Use positives values to increase the price.
- Use negative numbers to decrease the price.
The percentage markup/markdown will be based off the shipping price returned for that rate.
The flat rate mark-up will add or subtract to the shipping price returned for that rate after the percentage mark-up is applied.
The Per Package In Shipment checkbox is use to determine if the flat fee should apply to each package or to the entire shipment. This is only relevant if you have made adjustments to the package settings.
Edit the existing package first. You can change the dimensions used to calculate a rate.
Edit the # of Items field to set how many items from the group fit into the package.
You can create additional packages that fit different number of items.
- One package, up to 2 items in a box 5x5x5,
- Second package, up to 10 items in a box 10x10x10.
- If there is 1 item, it will go in a box 5x5x5
- If there are 5 items it will go in on box 10x10x10
- If there are 12 items, it will go in two boxes, one 5x5x5 and one 10x10x10
- If there are 15 items, it will go in two boxes, one 10x10x10 and one 10x10x10
Customs and Duties
Add a percentage of total product price to the shipping rate.
By default the carrier rates uses Retail Rates from each carrier.
If you have negotiated rate credentials you can use them instead.
- Click Add Credentials, input your credentials and save.
- Credentials will be saved for you to reuse on other methods.
- Find all your saved credentials in the Settings tab of the app.