How it Works
Gooten offers up to three different shipping services: Standard, Expedited, and Overnight. But most commonly only Standard.
When you integrate with Gooten in the app, here is the outcome:
When only Gooten products are in an order:
- Customer will see one or more shipping options: Standard, Expedited, Overnight
When Gooten products and other products are in an order:
- Customer will see a blended rate ( or multiple blended rates ), which will add the preferred Gooten method ship cost ( by default Standard ), with your preferred methods from the other product groups.
- Install the Gooten app
- Create products with the Gooten app. Gooten will automatically create a fulfillment service "Gooten" and automatically assign products created by the app to it.
- In the Advanced Shipping Rules app, go to Sync tab, and click Sync Fulfillment Services.
- On the main page of the app, you'll now see a section for Gooten, where you can manage the rates from Gooten. Gooten's rates will automatically be there.
Controlling which rates are used
You can also disable available rates, that show in the Advanced Shipping Rules app within each shipping zone for Gooten
- In the app, next to the Gooten group click Edit Rates
- Edit the rate you want to disable
- In the top right there is a red link Disable Method, click it.
- Click Save.
The method will still appear in the methods list, but you'll now see an orange Disabled badge next to it. This means the rate will not appear as an option.
For each Gooten rate, when you edit a rate, you can
- Edit the Rate Title
- Add a percentage or flat rate mark-up (use a negative value to mark-down).
- Add a free shipping override