SKUs Required to Assign Products to Fulfillment Services created by an app.
Products require SKUs to be assigned to fulfillment services created by our app or by other apps. Because of this, we offer you the option to auto generate SKUs when trying to assign products to fulfillment service when SKU is required.
If you don't want to add SKUs to products, you will have to create a manual fulfillment service to assign products to.
Creating a manual fulfillment service
- If you have already created a fulfillment service within the app, first delete it by going to App Settings > General, then look for the fulfillment services section, then hover over the fulfillment service and click the delete button.
- Go to Shopify Settings > Shipping, and scroll to the bottom and click either "Add Dropship Service" or "Manage Fulfillment Services".
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page, and click the blue button "Add Custom Fulfillment Service"
- Add a title, and put in a fake email address like 'firstname.lastname@example.org', and click Save.
- Then open the app, and you'll see your new fulfillment service as a tab. You can now assign products without needing a SKU.
NOTE: You will still be prompted to add SKUs when assigning, however, because a SKU will not be needed a SKU will not be assigned.
Even if you accept generating SKUs, they will not be created if they aren't needed.
So if you know for sure that you are assigning products to a manually created fulfillment service, you can accept auto-generating SKUs when assigning them, the app will not assign SKUs to products when adding products to a manually created custom fulfillment service., even though the modal has appeared to assign SKUs. SKUs are only assigned on an as needed basis.