If you are using Advanced Shipping Rules to set different shipping rates only for products that you ship, you can just use the product groups feature, and not worry about the details about fulfillment services.
Fulfillment services are used to group products by vendor/location.
Examples of fulfillment services:
- Your products ( shopify designates your products as part of the Manual fulfillment service by default )
- Products from Dropship Vendor A
- Products from on-demand fulfillment providers like Printful, Pixels, Printify, and others.
- Products fulfilled by Amazon, or Shipwire
- Products that you ship from a different warehouse
Fulfillment service is an attribute field on every product variant in your shop.
Some 3rd party apps like Pixels, and Printify will automatically assign products to their fulfillment service.
Some other 3rd party apps, and dropship vendors do not automatically assign products to fulfillment services. But we recommend that you do this manually, either in the Shopify admin, or easily within our app.
Fulfillment services can be created and assigned to products in the Shopify admin, or for convenience, within the Advanced Shipping Rules app. Read more about how our app interacts with Shopify fulfillment services here.
Create a fulfillment service
Let's say you are adding a new vendor to your shop. You should go ahead an first create all the products for that vendor as you normally would in the Shopify admin.
Then you will need to a create a fulfillment service for that vendor in our app, so you can create unique shipping rules for those products.
- On the main page of the app look for the last tab on the navigation and click + Add Fulfillment Service. ( If you have many fulfillment services, or are in mobile, click the "..." as part of the tabbed navigation UI )
- Give the fulfillment service a title, and click Add Fulfillment Service
- You will be taken to a newly created tab for that fulfillment service.
- Assign products to that fulfillment service by clicking Manage Products next to the default product group that was created.
- On the next page, in the second section titled Add Products use the search and filter UI to locate the products that you created for that fulfillment service.
- Use the checkboxes to select the products and click Assign Selected Products
- Repeat selecting and assigning products until all products for that fulfillment service have been successfully assigned.
Remove Fulfillment Service
You can remove fulfillment services that you created within the app. When you remove a fulfillment service all products assigned to that service will be reverted to the "Manual" fulfillment service default product group.
- In the app, go to Settings > General
- Locate the section Fulfillment Services
- Hover your mouse, ( or click the "..." on mobile ), on the fulfillment service you'd like to delete, and click Delete